Your automobile is more than likely your second largest investment second only to your home.
Having Pit Stop Oil & Lube change your vehicle’s oil every 3,000 miles is one of the best ways you can protect this valuable investment. Once you experience the Pit Stop Oil & Lube full service oil change, you’ll know why thousands of motorists return each year to Pit Stop Oil & Lube for "asset protection".
Our Full Service Oil Change is a fast and friendly experience that is a thorough examination of the mechanical and safety condition of your vehicle.
No appointment necessary – stop by, and we’ll get you in, out, and back on the road.
Full Service Oil Change
- Drain & Refill motor oil
- Oil filter
- Chassis Lubrication
- Check wiper blades
- Fill windshield washer fluid
- Check power steering fluid
- Check brake fluid
- Check clutch fluid
- Check antifreeze reservoir
- Check transmission fluid
- Check front differential
- Check rear differential
- Wash windshield
- Vacuum front floorboard
- Check air filter
- Check tire pressure
- Check PCV valve
- Check lights
- Check transfer case fluid
- Crankcase breather filter
Oil System Cleaner
Oil System cleaners remove oil system deposits, gums, and varnishes, AKA Engine Sludge, from lubricated systems. A cleaner system improves oil circulation and extends engine life. Using oil system cleaners will save you from very costly repairs over the life of your vehicle. We use industry leading BG Products which are by far the best engine cleaners on the market today. This service is especially critical if you have a newer GDI engine.
Transmission Fluid Exchange
Transmission fluid is the life blood of your transmission. Its primary duties are to cool, clean and lubricate the transmission. Once the transmission fluid starts to break down it loses its ability to protect and function properly and the transmission will begin to suffer the consequences of poor lubrication and sludge build up. Our service removes the old transmission fluid and replaces it with new transmission fluid.
Cooling System Service
Coolant/anti-freeze serves several purposes as it flows through the engine's heater core and cooling system. It prevents rust and corrosion from forming on internal parts and removes extreme heat to the radiator to be dispersed. Coolant replacement provides fresh rust and corrosion inhibitors and reduces the chances of freezing and boil over.
Power Steering Service
Power steering fluid is the most commonly neglected fluid in your vehicle. Similar to oil, transmission fluid, and radiator coolant, power steering fluid breaks down and becomes contaminated causing difficulty in your vehicle's steering. This fluid breakdown will eventually cause failure of your vehicle's power steering pump.
Differential fluid works to cool, clean and lubricate the gears and bearings. Over time this fluid becomes depleted of additives and can no longer cool, clean or lubricate properly. Adding fresh differential fluid maintains smooth gear and bearing operation, protects against rust and corrosion, and extends the life of internal parts. Any vehicle carrying heavy loads or pulling trailers will need this service much more often.
Fuel System Service
- Recommended at 15,000 mile intervals.
- During normal operation, harmful deposits form in your vehicle's intake, emission and fuel system. A clean fuel system provides optimum performance, improved acceleration and increases fuel economy and efficiency. A professional fuel system service helps eliminate surging, sluggishness, and hesitation caused by a dirty fuel system.
- Step 1—Fuel System Cleaner - A premium, high tech formula designed to clean the complete fuel system from the gas tank to the exhaust. This concentrated formula dissolves gum, varnish and carbon deposits. Highly effective detergents clean the fuel injectors or carburetor, intake valves and combustion chambers. This formula encapsulates water molecules in the fuel system. Lubricates injectors, valves, upper cylinders and rings, while improving combustion and reducing exhaust emissions.
- Step 2—Induction Cleaner - An induction system cleaner quickly dissolves gum and varnish deposits from the intake manifold and runners, valves, pistons and combustion chambers. Residual cleaner continues to soften hard carbon deposits for more thorough, long-term cleaning. It lubricates while cleaning and helps reduce build-up in the catalytic converter.
- This service is more important than ever with today’s high ethanol fuel and the new GDI engines.
Serpentine Belt Replacement
- The serpentine belt is responsible for the operation of several engine components. The belt assists in the proper operation of vital components such as the water pump, alternator, power steering pump, and air conditioning.
- We recommend changing your serpentine belt every 50,000 miles or every 4 years.
Tire Rotation Service
- Recommended every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
- Tire rotation prevents uneven tread wear and extends the life of your tires which can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
Cabin Air Filter
Many of today’s vehicles come equipped with Cabin Air Filter. Much like the air filter in your house these filters filter pollutants and allergens that come from outside your car when you are running your A/C or heater. It is recommend they be changed every 15,000 miles but might be sooner depending on the environment you operate your vehicle. A common sign of this filter needing changed is a fan not blowing as hard as it used to or a musty smell inside your vehicle.